ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarships
Deadline: 15 November / 15 May of each year
Study in: Singapore
Level of Study: Master’s (MS) Degrees
Field of Study: Developmental Studies, Environment, and Information and Communication Technology
The ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development and reduce poverty.
Host Institution: National University of Singapore (NUS)
These scholarships are open to bonafide nationals of an ASEAN country (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents) and tenable in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Design and Environment (Real Estate & Building courses)
- Faculty of Law
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
To qualify, applicants must:
- Hold a good bachelors degree or its equivalent and possess a strong academic record;
- Satisfy other admission requirements as specified by the faculty/school they apply to;
- Submit a valid Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result as evidence of their proficiency in the English language (for applicants whose native tongue or medium of university instruction is not English).
- Agree to return and/or serve for at least 2 years in any ASEAN countries after completion of their studies.
- A monthly stipend of S$2,000;
- Tuition, examination fees and other approved fees at NUS;
- A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from home country to Singapore upon award of the scholarship;
- A one-off book allowance of up to S$200;
- Accommodation subsidy of Singapore Dollars (S$3,000) per year;
- Graduation gown rental fees;
- A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from Singapore to home country upon successful completion of the course leading to the award of the degree.
How to apply:
Refer to the official website for complete application instructions. Applicants should indicate their interest in the Scholarship via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System. Applicants should also complete the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies Application Form and submit together with the Application for Admission form and other supporting documents to the relevant Faculty/School. Please click here for a list of the mailing address of all the Faculties/Schools.
For more information, please contact Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Official Website: http://www.aseanfoundation.org/index2.php?main=news/2008/2008-11-18.php